Bude’s Online Earth Festival 2020
Bude’s Earth Festival 2020 – An Online Event
This year Bude’s Earth Festival will be an online event due to government social distancing restrictions.
We will be sharing environmental, lifestyle and wildlife talks, presentations, workshops and musical entertainment for all to enjoy. As a close-knit green community that has shown so much insight into living sustainably, it is our hope that the whole of Bude can now get together online to celebrate our home planet earth and all we share it with.
Bude’s Online Earth Festival Schedule, June 7th 2020.
Festival Blessing – our festival opens with a healing online blessing by Nixie James-Scott.
• Satish Kumar – Writer, Broadcaster and Editor Emeritus, Resurgence & Ecologist Magazine.
• Natalie Fee – City to Sea
• Nick Rosen – Off-Grid Living Specialist and Award Winning Documentary Maker
• Avril Sainsbury – Cleaner Seas Group
• Yvette Curtis – Wave Wahines CIC And Enviromenstralism
• Cal Major – Vitamin Sea
- How to Make a Festival Crown – with Cassie from Bude Blooms.
- Foraging I – an introductory online workshop with Vivienne Campbell
- Foraging II – Linda Moran takes us foraging in Bude.
- Biodynamic Gardening – an introduction by biodynamic gardener, Claire Hattersley.
- Natural Beekeeping Using Top Bar Hives – The Barefoot Beekeeper, Phil Chandler shows you how.
Yoga for all – Rosie Lewis will take you through a calming yoga practice to start your day.
Music by James Dixon.
Bude Earth Heroes – an update
Revisiting our fabulous 2019 presenters – Otter Surfboards, Sea Shepherd, The Sharks Trust, The Sealife Trust, The Koa Tree Project, Rowan Working Horses, Westcountry Rivers Trust, Extinction Rebellion, Simon Dawson.
Stallholders – online messages of goodwill.
The Sealife Sanctuary
The Monkey Sanctuary
Environmental stories for children with Kymble
A talk by fashion designer and artist Josie Misick.
Closing message by Bob Willingham, Mayor of Bude-Stratton.